[OM] Re: an old Modern Photograpy f-stop recommendation forfireworks.

Subject: [OM] Re: an old Modern Photograpy f-stop recommendation forfireworks.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:50:38 -0300
on 19/03/2006 20:29, Marc Lawrence at mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

>> Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
>> Thanks Moose and Marc, for restoring a part of my self; I
>> feel now like Giambattista Bodoni in La misteriosa fiamma
>> della regina Loana.
>
> Riiiiiight. [??? scratches head and goes Googling...]
ROTFLOL, Marc :)

> Oh, great! Now you've just added another book to the
> TBR (To Be Read) pile that sits beside the bed, towering
> over the bedside table.
On mine, I've added Isaac Newton's 'Principia Mathematica.... ', but the
Spanish translation is so expensive (but much less than the latest English
translation, according to Amazon) that I found, with some effort, a site
from where to download it from - in English and in Latin.

> [sigh] Of course, I'll have to read
> "Foucault's Pendulum" again first (it's like 'The Da Vinci
> Code', but good ;-) )
Yes, I felt almost in the obligation of reading the Da Vinci Code, since the
film seems to be coming soon. Must say I somehow had understated it, but
still don't consider it a TBR.
I've read 'Il Pendolo.... ', and am a big fan of it. Frequently I open it,
not to read it all over again but to find pieces of text which teach me
someting new, or a new point of view, like in Chapter 36: R. Burton's quote
of the Introduction to Anatomy of Melancholy - Oxford, 1621; - very useful
for my everyday practice.
Don't forget to add Baudolino to the pile.
OTOH, I've read some José Saramago. Very witty author, and not at all boring
but somehow feel I don't quite learn too much out of him.

Well, these are lectures I can go through during my 20 days' summer
holidays... when I start working it's a different story, but they remain in
my memory in quite an opposite way than in Yambo's.

Fernando.