[OM] Re: Kopin Corporation - Products: CyberDisplay, AKA EVF

Subject: [OM] Re: Kopin Corporation - Products: CyberDisplay, AKA EVF
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:56:50 +0000
On 20/03/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have another cup of coffee Ian.  800x600 is SVGA resolution, is a
> standard size and is precisely 4:3.  I think it's not so common since it
> wasn't on the market very long before it was surpassed by XGA which is
> 1024x768.  Also precisely 4:3.

Sorry - I should have snipped out another line there - I was only perplexed
by the 1280x1024 size, which, as you point out is 4:5 where all the other
"normal" screensizes are good old-fashioned 4:3 Academy ratio.  I don't
understand why someone introduced another aspect ratio, and why 1280x960
(also 4:3, and a useful intermediate between 1024x768 and 1600x1200) is
rarely seen.