[OM] Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 weird behaviour with Tamron 90/2.5 Type II
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:41:32 +1100
More playing with the E-300 + Tamron 90/2.5.

When the Tamron is stopped down to f22 and I take a shot of a blank wall I
get something like this:

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/images/e-300-tamron-1.jpg

Notice the bright spot roughly in the middle of the frame !

This behaviour starts to become noticeable at around f11.

The problem doesn't occur with the 14-45mm or the Zuiko 85/2 !

I have heard of flare problems (Nikon context from memory) with light
bouncing off the sensor to the rear element of a lens and back again.  Could
the geometry of the Tamron be just right to show this effect ?

...Wayne