[OM] Re: More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.

Subject: [OM] Re: More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:57:39 -0500
I read somewhere recently that Epson tends to release products in Europe
ahead of the US.  The V700 and V750 now show up on B&H's web site with
prices of $550 and $800 but without any availability date.  But it
certainly has caught my interest in that the review shows the film scan
results to be very close to the Nikon 4000.

In the Photo-i review the differences between the 700 and 750 are the
Silverfast software but also and anti-reflection coated glass cover
plate.  Have you seen any indication in your scans that the uncoated
glass is causing problems.  I don't think I'd want to spend $250 on
Silverfast and $250 for the coating on the glass sounds a bit steep.

Chuck Norcutt