[OM] Re: More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.

Subject: [OM] Re: More V700 scan's in case anyone is interested.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:45:35 +0100
I guess they want to sort out any issues with it before it gets to the
US, especially re law suits, It's cheaper to fry a few of us europeans ;-)

I haven't noticed any problems yet. I don't have any glass mounted
slides. I am waiting for vuescan to be updated to include the v700.

I haven't looked at silverfast yet as the epson scan software seems to
be manging quite well. My thoughts though , are,  if you have a
dedicated film scanner then there is no rush to get the v700 as I
imagine the quality of medium format and print scans is not so great
over the 4990 and 9950F etc. I would wait and see how much better the
v750 is, The biggest  advantage for that I see is that it will allow
wetmounting.

IanW