[OM] Re: OT Re: HS Soccer w/ E-1 & 180mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Re: HS Soccer w/ E-1 & 180mm f2.8
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:02:43 +0000
That is one of my weakest moments: when a load of people are singing
together it makes everything somehow seem right.  You should listen
to a Welsh male voice choir.

In/near London is a place called Greenwich hospital, http://
www.royalhospitalschool.org/ where the 3 British military services
had their annual staff college dinner in 1993; I was attending the
Royal Air Force course then.  Mostly Brits, but there were many
allied nations represented.  It was hosted by the Royal Navy that
year and they had a good band and some songs sheets.  We dined in the
Painted Hall, a famous a beautiful building, and sang old naval songs
before the speeches.  The acoustics were such that the whole effect
was deeply stirring.  Some of our US colleagues were in tears, and I
know why.

Singing together makes your troubles go away ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.