[OM] another Oh-Boy scam

Subject: [OM] another Oh-Boy scam
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:36:46 +1200
Hi all,

I thought I'd found a good auction for a Linhof Technorama with this one.
Then I read the large print.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4624452639

I followed up with the seller's instructions, and e-mailed him at
buysafefromebay@xxxxxxx

Soon after, I got this e-mail.

> From:                 Buysafefromebay@xxxxxxx
> Date sent:            Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:40:19 EST
> Subject:              Re:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4624452639 To:
>       bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>  Hello and thank you for your interest in my sale!
>
> The  item will come with all the accesories mentioned in the   description.
> The
> price for the item with shipping and insurance  included, is  900$ . Shipping
> will be done via UPS Express and will  take no more then  3 days. All the
> manuals and the warranty papers  are in English and free  shipping The buyer
> will receive this item  sealed ,along with all papers and  receipts
>  that he needs for an  international warranty. The item is in  Europe,Romania
> where I own an  electric store and it will be  shipped from here on  my
> expences. This  deal will be recorded and insured  by eBay.If you are  really
> interested  to buy this product please email me your full name and  address
> for
> shipping  and eBay  Staff will contact you with the  payment instructions  to
> complete  this transaction. I will wait your  email. Thanks
>
> I would like to use paypal but for  the moment I'm expanding my account. In
> Romania I need 2 weeks to  pick up the money and I have not time. You don't
> need
>   to be afraid  because I will contact ebay and we will do this transaction
> trough   ebay . If something goes wrong you will receive your money
> back.Please
>  email  me: Your ebay user id:... Your ebay email  address:... Your full name
> and full  address:...

It was obvious that all I would be purchasing would be an on-line picture of a
Technorama.  Not my cup of tea !!

I sent the details to oBoy, and retired to bed at about 1 am. I woke early with
the idea that I'd suggest to him that my cousin in Romania call around and
have a look at the camera, and where did he live, exactly?.

However, oBoy was right on the job and the auction was cancelled.

Unfortunately, I forgot to record the name of the account he had taken over,
and I can't find it again from what I remember..

Brian