[OM] Re: AIA Home of the Month

Subject: [OM] Re: AIA Home of the Month
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:44:20 -0800
On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:

> While I hate the thought of an architect taking food from the
> mouths of
> deserving photographers, he's got the right idea. This is how the pros
> start. He can later go on to adding gels to existing lights, and
> putting
> giant sheets of gel over windows.
>
> I highly recommend Tota-lights. They are a serious pro tool, and
> remarkable
> inexpensive.

LOL...if only I had more food to drop in the mouths of deserving
photographers! In fact, the images I took were more like scouting
shots. I submitted them to the magazine and local AIA, for
consideration for the Home of the Month event. When the house was
chosen, the magazine sent a "real" photographer out to shoot it for
publication. I was able to get my friend and client Marco Prozzo
(<http://marcoprozzo.com/>) the job. He got $1,600 for the shoot,
plus (so far) $1,000 in licensing for three of the images he took,
from me and the contractor...

I rented the TotaLight from Glazers for about $12 for the day.
They're about $110 from B&H.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=32267&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

-Rob in Seattle