[OM] WAS Re: The next competitive arena for DSLRs? [was Full E-330

Subject: [OM] WAS Re: The next competitive arena for DSLRs? [was Full E-330
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:11:05 +1200
Andrew F wrote

> On 22/03/2006, at 7:27 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> > Hi;
> > Winsor wrote
> >> Geez I bought a new Leica M3 in 1965 for $270. Does that really say
> >> anything about anything except the economy and inflation?
> >> Winsor
> >> Long Beach, California, USA
> >
> > Just before that, for about twice that price, I bought my first
> > car, a used VW
> > Beetle 1200. It was a significant part of my annual take home pay
> > of 1,200
> > pounds as a new graduate then.
> >
> > Brian
>
> I think his point was that an M3 in really good condition would now
> cost you around $1500-2000.
> I don't think old Beetles are quite as valuable, in in NZ!
> AndrewF

Not now; if you want one in reasonable condition you are looking at parting
out with $4,000 - $5,000 NZ. See

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Volkswagen/auction-50288456.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Volkswagen/auction-50162075.htm
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Volkswagen/auction-51283052.htm
They are really great on hills and in snow, and you don't have to worry about
any radiator freezing.

Of course there are some cheaper

Brian