[OM] Re: Hurt feelings, disappointment, sniff, sniff...

Subject: [OM] Re: Hurt feelings, disappointment, sniff, sniff...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:48:17 -0800 (PST)
Charlie wrote:
> Thanks for bringing back
> memories of slogging through the rain at 4pm slinging papers
> up to the third floor piazzas of the homes on my route.

Uh huh.  We know the truth.  Most ended up in the puddle on the
sidewalk or in the bushes.

:)

When I was a kid delivering the Muskegon Chronicle (comical), I
had to actually place the paper inside the stormdoors. 90% of
the time that meant getting off the bicycle.  There was the time
when I took off for the paper drop and it started snowing. By
the time I finished we had eight inches on the ground.
Visibility was zero and I spent more time dodging cars than the
dogs. Even so, I still got hit and bit that day.  Before the
storm ended, we had 32 inches of fresh snow on the ground and 70
MPH winds whipping it into snowdrifts 20' high.  The next day
was the first time that the newspaper didn't run.

Dad bought a snowblower the next year.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com