[OM] E-1 idiosyncrasies

Subject: [OM] E-1 idiosyncrasies
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:42:56 +1200
Hello all

A few things I've found with the E-1

Auto focus failure. Yesterday I was photographing a few printed pages to e-
mail the jpeg to my son.  For one page the autofocus just would not settle
down, and kept hunting. I had to try the page about 6 times before I got a
copy I felt I could use.
Similarly, I was photographing a night scene, a view of city lights, moonlight
and reflections on water.  Autofocus kept hunting for several minutes - it
seemed.

White Balance.  On several occasions, the camera has utterly refused to set
a white balance, when I pressed the button.  I have never managed to
conquer this problem once it strikes.

A positive; having now used a manual Zuiko macro lens lots of times on the
E-1, and having to really work at deciding when it was in focus, when I used
the OM4T  yesterday with the nice big view-finder, it didn't bother me to have
to set focus that way. I didn't do my normal thing which was to find a clear
edge to focus on with the split image central section. Missed the instant
feedback though !!

Brian