[OM] Re: E-1 idiosyncrasies

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 idiosyncrasies
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:23:51 -0800 (PST)
> Autofocus kept hunting for several minutes - it seemed.

Which version of firmware were you using and did you have the
focus assist light on?  For close up work (photographing
documents for example), I have found that the AF light is out of
focus at this distance and totally unusable by the AF sensor.
Frankly, I find that the AF in my E-1 is faster with the light
off.

> White Balance.  On several occasions, the camera has utterly
> refused to set a white balance, when I pressed the button.

It's an exposure problem.  When you press the Set White Balance
Button, it acutally takes a picture. If the central part of the
picture contains too much out-of-gamut, it will choke. The
acceptable range of exposure possiblity is pretty narrow.  A
real pain.  Rarely do I use it, as I almost always manually
select my own WB from the presets. (my presets have offsets).

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com