[OM] Re: Lost Postings

Subject: [OM] Re: Lost Postings
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:03:00 -0800
Responding to Charles' query and subsequent postings.

I'm currently subscribed to the list on two different servers systems,
icdsoft and gmail, both coming into mailboxes in Thuhderbird using POP
acess.

For a while the icdsoft link started working again, and deluging me with
a big backlog of mail. Then sometime yesterday afternoon, is shut down
ans stayed that way all evening.

I was out busy all day and when I hooked up a few minutes ago, I
received 42 messages, on gmail, all new to me and sent after I retired
last night. From icdsoft, I received 92 messages, the 42 now ones and
the 50 that I had already received the prior afternoon and evening on gmail.

Given the sort of similar comments about some messages coming through
promptly and others showing up much later, what's happening is some kind
of delay, which likely has nothing to do with the list server itself.

Scott Gomez wrote:
> The ISP's mail server is most likely using a
> global filter of some sort over which you have no control. If that list
> incorporates black-list functions, then even though you've got a given
> address whitelisted, you'll not see mail from that address until the
> server allows it through.

Well, it certainly works like mail is being held, then released.

Moose