[OM] Zuiko Silver Nose Trivia

Subject: [OM] Zuiko Silver Nose Trivia
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:20:56 -0800
A potential buyer asked me if a silver nosed 50mm f3.5 was multicoated.

This lead to some poking around which turned up some trivia that I wasn't
aware of:
1.) The 16mm zuiko and 50mm f3.5 were made in silver nosed "ZUIKO" labeled
versions. They didn't have the preceeding letter such as H.ZUIKO, nor did
they have the following "MC" that the early silver nosed F2 lenses had.
2.) The silver nosed 75-150mm f4 zoom was also labeled "ZUIKO".
3.) I don't have a clue (which is not surprising) why Olympus used the
letter indicating the lens grouping on some lenses and not on others

Was the 18mm made in a silver nosed version?

-jeff