[OM] Re: Zuiko Silver Nose Trivia

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko Silver Nose Trivia
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 06:44:30 -0500
Interesting.  Jeff's lens didn't make it into the MC survey and, for
reasons unknown, mine didn't either.  Jeff's is 126653 and mine is
108404.  Mine looks and is lableled just like Jeff's.  Silver nose with
no MC designation.  Since the lens survey only shows a single silver
nose, and that labeled MC, it is now the odd man out.  And, strangely
enough, it has an earlier serial number at 101179.  Since the serial
number and MC designation are both on the name ring on the 50/3.5 this
can't be the result of name ring changed during service.  So this is
either an error or else there was a production change early on.

If asked to judge visually whether this lens is MC or not I would have
said no.  It produces purple and yellow reflections which I associate
with the known single coated, lettered, silver noses in the rest of my
collection.  And there is no green which I associate with my MC marked
lenses.  However, I also note that the predominant color is a strong
blue.  None of my other known single coated lenses has that strong blue
reflection.  I note that Jeff's photos of his lens also show a strong
blue reflection.  So, maybe it is MC, partially MC, early MC but it's
definitely not lableled MC.

Chuck Norcutt