[OM] Re: E-1 idiosyncrasies

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 idiosyncrasies
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:36:57 -0500
At 04:42 PM 3/24/2006, Brian wrote:
>Auto focus failure. Yesterday I was photographing a few printed pages to e-
>mail the jpeg to my son.  For one page the autofocus just would not settle
>down, and kept hunting. I had to try the page about 6 times before I got a
>copy I felt I could use.

Which firmware version. I won't repeat my story.

>Similarly, I was photographing a night scene, a view of city lights, moonlight
>and reflections on water.  Autofocus kept hunting for several minutes - it
>seemed.

What was the sensor aimed at? The sensitivity of the sensor
for the camera to successfully auto-focus in a dark scene may
be the problem. If I aim at a subject that is too close to focus,
the camera can go into the hunting mode.

I love manual focus in these moments.

WayneS