[OM] Re: Flash advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash advice
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:36:07 +1000
> Wayne Harridge wrote:
> I'm going to the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games
> tonight.  It's being held at the MCG (large cricket, football,
> whatever ground - seats around 80K people).  What flash would
> I need to light up the action at the centre of the arena from
> our cheap seats up the back (I'll be using ISO 400 film) ?

You probably need a large version of of those old large-format
powder jobs, like Warner Bros, Chaplin and other comedic folk
liked to to explosively play with. Thankfully, there was
something a bit like this, only a very large one, that occurred
at the end of the Dehli 2010 presentation all around the
stadium's rooftop which lit up everything in the centre and
quite a substantial portion of the sky.

Of course, the usefulness of the above information can only
be measured in hindsight (that is, of no use at all), and in
the hope that your trigger-finger recognised the brightness
and the duration. :-)

I missed seeing Paul Kelly; was he any good?

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz