[OM] Re: OT - Seattle the end of April

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Seattle the end of April
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:14:20 -0800
On Mar 26, 2006, at 5:47 AM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm thinking of the possibility of taking a little 5 night trip  to
> Seattle
> the last week of April spending 3 nights in Seattle and 2 on
> Whidbey Island.
> What kind of weather might I expect and would this be a  decent
> time to visit
> or should I go to Phoenix where it will be  warm?   Bill Barber

Hi Bill,

April is kind of hit or miss in Seattle. Sometimes there has been a
week- or ten-day-long stretch of just incredible days of spring
sunshine, still low-angle sun (even at summer solstice is only 69
degrees above the horizon at noon), fantastic clouds, and little
rain. Other years it's just been dismal--grey mist the entire month.
That in itself can be interesting, if you have a weather-proof
camera. If you had a choice, best time to visit for highest chance of
sun would be between 4th of July and late September, when the weather
is pretty much perfect. ("The bluest skies you've ever seen are in
Seattle..."--remember that show?) As you know of course, blue skies
and sunshine don't necessarily lend themselves to the best photos....

Here's a Frommer's entry on the subject: <http://www.frommers.com/
destinations/seattle/0032020006.html>
And this gives you a pretty good idea of the chances: <http://
www.cityrating.com/cityweather.asp?city=Seattle>

If you come, let's get together!  It would be a great motivation for
a PNW gathering of Zuikoholics Anonymous... There are at least five
or six list members in the area....

I'd offer to put you up in fact, but my wife and toddler will be
returning from two weeks in Australia on the 26th, and I expect there
will be some jet lag adjustment happening there that may not be much
fun for guests.... If you come before the 26th though--consider
yourself invited!

-Rob in Seattle