[OM] Re: Mystery Shots from a recent walk

Subject: [OM] Re: Mystery Shots from a recent walk
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:42:35 +1000
> AG Schnozz wrote:
> ...Any guesses on what they are of?  BTW, who says that
> you can't control DoF with 4/3?

Is this part of the test? ;-)

> http://image66media.com/Gallery/albums.php

I'm not sure about the first - it looks like a long shutter
speed shot of a fountain, or a stream/canal, but it looks
a little too regular for that (unless it's a man-made canal
with something regular for the water to flow over).
Otherwise, I get the impression of cyclone fencing (again,
long shutter speed), but that makes me think the photo
has been turned on its side.

The second one looks like a place to tie/lock up your
bike. Well, they look like the hoops we have around our
neighbourhood to do so anyway. It would be a much
better shot with more DoF (I kid! I kid! ;-) ). I
love the texture in "JAMISON". They look like good
versions of the kind of photos I take, where the response
from people is usually "Why?" (as in "Why are you taking a
photo of that?").

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz