[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:11:20 +0000
I dunno.  Just used to 'em, I guess.  Right now, there are three Dells here:
the Inspiron 8200 laptop I'm typing this on, the old Dimension XP5, which
hasn't been turned on in a couple of months and was a hand-me-down from my wife
when she got a newer Dell a couple of years ago, which is number 3.  We've
never had a problem, except for a monitor that crapped out and for which Dell
shipped a replacement overnight.

I did once have a Toshiba that had to go in for repairs three times and finally
pissed me off to the point I threw it off the deck into the back yard and shot
it.  Then I nearly bought a Mac a few months ago, after my son got one and kept
raving about it -- right up until it fried its motherboard less than three
months later.  It took him three weeks to get it fixed.  He ain't all that
happy anymore.

And, yes, there are some local builders who seem to have good reputations.
Maybe I ought to just take a list of what y'all tell me, plus what I think, to
one of these folks and let 'em build me one.  It's always nice to have a window
to throw stuff through when things don't work out, and it's a long drive from
here to Austin.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from