[OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:11:18 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2006 11:06:21 AM Central Standard Time,
bs.pearce@xxxxxxx writes:

ink does  not really enter the Ilford
> emulsion properly but stays more or less  on the surface of the paper
> and remains tacky for a long period of  time.
With my 1280, it is dry after three days to a week. It looks about as  bad as
inkjet on glossy paper can. You can see it just lying on the  surface from
across the room

Are we talking about the same printer, inks and paper?  I run a print  of my
1280, gather up my stuff, go to the work table (read that as momma's  dining
room table) title and sign it and then mat it. No smudged ink, no  problems and
I hold it in place with quilting weights.  Maybe stuff dries  faster in
Texas.  Bill Barber