[OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:26:50 -0600
On 3/27/06, Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> What I'd  like to know is whether anyone has the 1280 (or 1270) and
> >> prints with OEM  inks on Ilford papers?
> >>

> Why don't you want to use pigments?  I think you're making a mistake.

Why do you like pigments?  Is the result superior to dyes?  The
general notion is that when pigments are really good they're almost as
good as dyes.  You will have noted that I haven't bought a printer for
a while, so I realize that this could be old news.  I know that Epson
has brought pigments a long, long way.

The main reason I like dyes is that they work extremely well with
Ilford Classic Glossy paper, my favorite, and that's a very stable
combination, so I'm not especially swayed by archival claims made for
pigments.  Secondly, there are many different non-OEM dye ink sets
from which to choose, and hacks for the 1280 are easy.  Fits my
parsimonious Yankee lifestyle.

Joel W.