[OM] Switching eyes...

Subject: [OM] Switching eyes...
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:53:18 -0500
I've been right-handed and right-eyed all my life, as far as a camera is
concerned, but all of a sudden need to become right-handed/left-eyed. I
developed PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) in my right eye yesterday, so
its vision is rather clouded at the moment and may well stay that way.
Fortunately no signs (yet) of retinal detachment. Perils of being older and
myopic, it seems.

I picked up the OM-1 this morning and started the mental adjustment to using
the other eye. I didn't really notice any problems, other than that it feels
odd. With the viewfinder offset a bit to the left, all the right eye really
sees is the camera body and my right hand holding the camera, so the haze
and floaters don't distract much. But I wondered if anyone else has been
through this, and found any difficulty adapting?

Michael

P.S. First post using the Entourage e-mail client rather than Eudora. I hope
all is well technically.