[OM] Re: Coating marks

Subject: [OM] Re: Coating marks
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:30:40 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I'll have to make a point of seeing if some of them clean off.

I once bought a 2Xa from the 'Bay. On receipt, I saw what appeared to be
a flaw in the coating(s) on one end. I spent some time getting out the
10x loupe, inspecting under different light, etc. Once I had concluded
that it was a scratch or some such that cut into the coating, I decided
not to try clean for fear it might make things worse in some way if it
didn't work and I had to send it back.

I contacted the seller, who asked me to return it for him to look at,
which I did. It came back pristine after he cleaned it. I later bought a
few items from him at a camera show.

Moose