[OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Moron needs computer advice.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:57:55 -0500
I'm not sure Win2K or my motherboard's drive controller can handle
500GB.  I've heard there's another capacity design breakpoint somewhere
above the 160GB drives I've been using but I don't know what the
limitation is.  I'd have thought LBA was good for a couple of terrabytes
but maybe the limitation is elsewhere.

Anyhow, the 160GB drives when on sale with rebate for $40 + $30 for a
USB drive case have proven to have a very low cost/GB.  Hope you got a
good deal on the big drive.

Chuck Norcutt