[OM] Re: measuring lens performance

Subject: [OM] Re: measuring lens performance
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:56:35 EST

In a message dated 3/30/2006 6:43:45 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  decided that it was time to try to have a go at measuring the
performance  of the lenses I have (both olympus and bronica partly to
compare lenses  across the two systems and partly because I was
interested in the  results.

You don't say which Bronica you were using or exactly what your set up  was.
It brings back memories of the Bronica I bought new in  1968. Beautiful
camera and every time I released the shutter the ground  shook and all living
creatures ran for cover.   Irrespective of which  one you are using, I am
assuming
both cameras were securely attached to  something very sturdy and a cable
release was used.  If not, I wonder if  the lack of sharpness for the test
might
be a function of the mechanics of the  camera , rather than the optics of the
lens.   Bill  Barber