[OM] [Photo] Another beaver pond

Subject: [OM] [Photo] Another beaver pond
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:26:30 -0500
I discovered google maps the other day and did a quick download of satellite
imagery of our area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Tyringham+Road,+Becket,+MA

What do ya know... there was a 2nd beaver pond located not far from the
first one I had been photographing off of Tyringham Road.  So off in the
woods I went. :)  Finally found it ( I really need to get one of those
handheld GPS units before the wife has to send the dogs out after me) and
took this shot.  I was standing near the shore with an abandoned house (or
at least no one has been there for some time) behind me.  It was a very
peaceful place out in the middle of frickin nowhere.  Actually, the lack of
sound was unnerving.  The only local critter seen was a Blue Heron which was
captured in my mind but not on digital media.

http://www.simons-rock.edu/~rlovison/temp/Pond2.html

Richard