[OM] Re: measuring lens performance

Subject: [OM] Re: measuring lens performance
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:57:56 -0800 (PST)
> I  decided that it was time to try to have a go at measuring
> the performance  of the lenses I have (both olympus and
> bronica partly to compare lenses  across the two systems and
> partly because I was interested in the  results.

Something else you might be running up against is the lateral
halation of Velvia 100F. I'm running into a resolution brick
wall with the film that isn't the case with some other films. It
appears like lens blur when viewed with a high-magnification
viewer or when scanned.  When projected, this isn't an issue due
to defraction--in fact the very nature of the blurring may
actually enhance sharpness when projected.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com