[OM] Re: Tamron Notes

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron Notes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:33:03 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:
> A yabe buyer of an auction I was watching has a nice little web page with
> notes about Tamron lenses.
> http://www.observatoryscope.com/ebay/Tamron_Lens_Notes.html

Thanks for the link! A nice summary and source of info.

Browsing through it, I find one glaring omission. Where is the mighty
80-200/2.8?

Other than that, I generally agree with the comments as they apply to
the Tamrons I have and use enough to have an opinion about,
35-80/2.8-3.8, 35-105/2.8, 60-300/3.8-5.4 and 90/2.5. So I would tend to
trust the opinions on others.

The one place where I disagree is on the 35-210 F/3.5-4, although not
about performance. It's just that the Tokina AT-X 35-200/3.5-4.5, while
only a tiny bit shorter and slower at the long end, and with the same
'macro' ability, is somewhat smaller, a lot lighter and an equally good
lens as far as I am concerned. So all his fulsome praise as an all in
one lens is even truer of the Tokina.

Moose