[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:04:26 -0800
Jeeze, yoose two been pack'n too many cannons. Screwdrivers and hammers are
good fer adjust'n things but show some class. Yoose guys is among olympus
users. If yoose gonna talk about adjust'n attytudes then yoose need some
tools. If yoose gonna adjust an adjustable T-mount, just push the buttons.

The Sigma has three small screws. The aperture tab appears to have been
mounted in a 120 counter clockwise position. The ring does have a couple
slots. The larger slot where the fricken max aperture tab should have been
is at about the 1:00 o'clock position. It has another slot at about the 9:00
o'clock position where an aperture stop down tab would normally be but where
the fricken non-moving max aperture tab is!

To tie up some loose ends I've also posted pictures of what an adjustable
T-mount looks like. There are four pictures for a total download size of
about 850K.

http://www.olympus-photography.com/Catadioptic-Mount/index.htm

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

Andrew Fildes wrote:
 > That sounds like an adjustable T2 mount rather than a dedicated mount.

Yes, it sounds quite different than the one I have with dedicated OM mount.

Moose