[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:53:39 -0800
Chuck, actually I believe you asked the guy on the Yahoo group that I got my
T-mount from a couple questions that helped identify it. Thank you.

He is a camera collector in Virginia(?) that picked up the Vivitar Series 1
T-mount adapter from KEH to use with his S1 600mm f8 lens. I exchanged
numerous emails with him trying to get him to swap it for something. He said
that the trades I offered were fair but that in reality he already had too
much camera gear. He sent it and a note to me saying that I clearly wanted
it more than he did and that he believed I would find a way to pay him back.

He probably paid $8 for it. I tried to get one from KEH that was described
as a Vivitar Series 1 450mm f4.5 T-mount adapter, but it turned out to be
the more common Series 1 T-mount adapter. KEH probably mixed them up. He got
the one I wanted but KEH used the description for the other one.

Most people don't realize that they adjust. It is the inner cylinder with
threads that rotates. Unless it is mounted on a lens, it is pretty difficult
to tell it rotates. I also rescued a Pentax & a Minolta version of it. The
Nikon version slipped away.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Never seen the type of adjustable T-mount you showed.  I've owned two
T-mounts but both required a screwdriver to do the adjustment.

Chuck Norcutt