[OM] Re: [photo]blue heron?

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo]blue heron?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:55:57 +0000
I'm about 90% sure those are blue herons, although they're significantly
lighter in color than the one (or maybe two) we sometimes see strolling along
the creek down the hill.  One even came and did a bit of fishing while the
now-fired crew of *#$@%*!s were working back there.  If yours are like ours,
they're not as skittish as you might think, so you may be able to get fairly
close without upsetting them.  Just please don't -- and I'm sure you won't --
scare them away from their nest.  Wish I could catch ours nesting, but I'm
still trying to figure out how to get some nest shots of the pair of red
shouldered hawks that have nested here for the last four years, always at least
50 feet up in either a yellow poplar or a white oak.

Oh!  Nice shot, too.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from