[OM] GLASS MOUNTS

Subject: [OM] GLASS MOUNTS
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:02:18 +0200
Dear sirs,

I have got a Nikon LS-4000 slide scanner. This scanner delivers super crisp
images corner-to-corner but on the other hand has a very narrow depth of field.
Due to this issue all the images are focused in the center but corners are
always blurred.
This is the reason I decided to buy GEPE 6017 24x36 FILMSTOP 2.3mm glass mounts
to scan all my negatives.
There must be a troubleshooting with GEPE glass mounts due to all my scanned
images suffer from distortion. It´s something like when you try to apply ICE to
Kodachrome images. I think GEPE glass surface isn´t flat at 100% or roughness
is high, maybe for avoiding moiré effect. Anybody has experienced something
similar? Which are the best glass mounts for flattening film at 100% with
crystal clear surface and no moiré effect?

Kind regards,

Dave