[OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:11:20 -0400
On 4/3/06, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Depending on what it's to be used for, it can definitely be made to
> fit.  The soft inner liner can be removed.  When replaced with a
> simple piece of electrical tape, it is a perfect fit for the Tamron SP
> 80-200, for example, and is superior to Tamron's mount IMHO.

Do the Olympus  300mm, 85-250mm and auto tube all use the same ring?  I have
the ring for my 85-250 but it is a bit too small to use on my refractor
(remember the Takahashi?), at least it seemed so on first try.   And don't
all of you jump on me again for looking for an inexpensive tripod mount for
the refractor. 8-)  When I bought the Takahashi I didn't have a clue that is
was the Mercedes of refractors for eccentrics and plus, that was some years
ago when spending large sums of money was easier to do.  It is one heck of a
small telescope though... could be a wonderful bird scope.

Richard