[OM] Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem

Subject: [OM] Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:22:28 +0200
I have come to a halt with my scanning because it is too automated. I
have taken some pictures of my car mirrors which are silver and much
brighter than the background, the scanner software thinks its a
panoramic picture and crops accordingly - this also happens on some of
my night shots.

In epson scan - I can't see how to get around this in any of the three
modes - auto home and pro.

If I use vuescan it selects the whole set of scans as one. Silverfast ai
does the same, is there some software that can seperate them out later
or am I doing something wrong.

Has anyone come across this and can save me some time finding a
solution. Time on the computer is in short supply at the  moment, since
our baby boy has finally come home.

Thanks
IanW