[OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:57:50 -0700
Plumbing/hardware stores used to sell thick rubber tape that was similar to
the already recommended bicycle inner tube. Some bicycle tire patch kits
also have strips of fairly thick rubber.

I would stay away from cloth. The Tamron mounts seem to disappear (break?).
The cloth would force you to tighten the mount more than would be needed
with a rubber strip.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx

Speaking of the Tamron 80-200 f2.8, I have one with the tripod ring and
there is a material on the ring that cushions the lens barrel when
attached.  It
has come loose and is a bit ratty looking.  Any ideas  about what to replace
it with?  I was thinking the non-looped side of some  Velcro.  Any other
ideas?
  Bill Barber