[OM] Re: 4/3 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 fragment of my day
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:03:31 -0700
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Thanks Mike.  I have other exposures at wider lens settings than this
> which you and others might like better.  It is certainly very
> interesting to read yours and others' reactions.  I've modified the
> original page to include an alternate take (be sure to scroll down):
>
> http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/day/day61a.html
>
> When I was shooting the first version posted, the reflections of the
> rock in the water were the most important details to me.  That
> doubtless skewed the composition is very specific ways and perhaps
> compromised the composition as a whole.  Don't know if I really like
> it, but it's what I meant.

Personally, I liked the first one and didn't have any of the negative
reactions some others had. I found it a very appealing pic of an
interesting subject.

I also like the wider view, both are pleasing. I've never seen much in
the composition rules like the rule of thirds. Some images I like have
them and others don't.

Moose