[OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Flatbed scanner Users - help I have a problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 02:13:30 -0700
swisspace wrote:
> If this fails then I will try vuescan again and set up a multi image
> definition in the manner  described by Moose.

You shouldn't have to set it up yourself, it should be there all ready
to select.It's like a two second thing to pick.

You can then choose to scan all frames or only selected ones with the
'Batch Scan' 'List' option and then 'Batch List' You just put in the
ones you want ot scan, like "1-2,5,7-9" etc.

Vuescan can be difficult to learn to control, but that is partially
because you can do pretty much anything with it. One tricky thing is
that it only shows options relevant to the scanner in use and other
options chosen, so one doesn't always know all the options available
without a little poking around. It would probably be easier to learn if
unavailable optinos were greyed out, rather than just not there, or not,
who knows.

Anyway, as I said before, you don't see the Film Holder choices unless
you select "Transparency"  as the Mode. Then when you select the correct
film holder, the mlti image layout should appear on its own.

I'm not trying to tout Vuescan, just trying to pass on what I've learned
about it.

I find it hard to imagine the the Epson software doesn't have a way to
scan without individually making boxes for images. Have you read the
photo-1 report? I think he discusses some of that.  I skipped that part.
Without the scanner at hand it just looks like gobbledegook to me
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_6.htm>.

Moose