[OM] Re: Photo Agency?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo Agency?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:25:57 -0700 (PDT)
> That looks like a general ban on pics from the e-1 - so,
> anyone actually got stuff accepted using an e-1?

Yes. Just strip the EXIF data.

I suspect this is a new enforcement. Could be a problem which
forces me to a new camera body sooner than later for stock
stuff.

So far, though, I'm pretty cautious about what I'm sending to
them and infact have held back four completely prepped DVDs
(that's a lot of images, folks) because of actual sales
performance trends.  Al*my's "success" at gaining 5 million
photographers is backfiring on everybody. Not only is there the
dilution issue, but the pure schlock is burying the good stuff
and the agency placed images are getting primary showing.  The
latest sales trends to emerge show that the lion's share of
image sales are cross-placed by other agencies.

It stuffs that they insist on a file size based on a 4000dpi
scan of a 35mm tranny.  Regardless, I'm keeping my eyes open for
a bargain-priced used 1DS.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com