[OM] Re: FL-50 w/Stofen Omni-Bounce

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-50 w/Stofen Omni-Bounce
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:28:27 -0400
I'm pretty sure the someone was me.  What I pointed to was this:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=294330&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

This might be a pretty good seller if the distributor had a clue that
what he is selling is 100% compatible with the Quantum Turbo Battery.  I
discovered it from some other source now forgotten.  I called the
disributor about this and they don't know that it's compatible and don't
seem to care.  As far as the distributor is concerned the power pack is
made for their own brand of portable lights.  They don't even seem to
know who Quantum is.  The SP Systems power pack is $123.95.  The Quantum
Turbo three times as much at $377.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=43375&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

The SP Systems pack has nearly identical controls, takes all Quantum
cables and has a common and easily changed Panasonic compatible 12 volt
VCR lead acid battery.  It powered my Sunpak 422 the other night through
about 300 full power shots over an 8 hour time period and used about 1/3
of its capacity.   At its current power level it can still recharge the
422 in about 1-1/2 seconds.  It's somewhat larger and heavier than the
Quantum since it has a larger battery.  The lightweight plastic case is
not as rugged as the Quantum but I don't think it needs to be.  It comes
inserted into a nice padded cloth case with shoulder strap and belt clip
if you prefer.  I think it's too large and heavy for the belt and prefer
the strap.

Chuck Norcutt