[OM] Re: Recent shots with my E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent shots with my E-500
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:17:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/2006 9:38:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Particularly wanted to share a photo of a sunset - 1st time that I have  ever
photographed the sun setting.

Ali, A good exposure of an interesting subject.  My assumption is you  would
like some opinions (something I'm usually long on).

I normally use a small bubble level attached to my hot shoe to help me keep
my horizons level or should they be a little off, as this one is, I will
straighten them post capture.

For my eye, I generally prefer the horizon line not be in the dead center  of
the picture.  There are times that putting it in the center works.   In this
image, I would like to have seen it either a higher or lower.   When I use a
sheet of paper to crop the bottom at the top of the stick on the  right hand
side (eliminating all the sticks and the rock) it is a little  more pleasing to
me.  When I do the same from the top, I find myself  wondering if it might
have been a little more dramatic if you included part of  the shore and the
vegetation growing on it, rather than just a few sprigs  sticking up.

One of the nice things about digital is that we can shoot until we fill the
cards or the battery goes dead.  Have fun trying to do one or the  other.  I
enjoyed viewing the other images in your gallery . . . some very  nice ones.
Bill Barber