[OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 07:32:06 -0600
At 09:37 PM 07/04/2006, Joel Wilcox wrote:

[snip]

>...the spot metering is actually pretty great.  The spot on an E-1
>seems a little more precise than on the OM-4 (heresy!).

Er, yeah.  Almost unnervingly precise -- it jumps around while my
hand's doing its tiny little shake-your-booty dance it sometimes does.

Guess I gotta learn more about the Zone System to use it more effectively.

>  Finding and measuring a middle value that works seems a little easier
>to me.  Can the ergonomics be praised too highly?  That has so much to
>do with the pleasure in holding the camera and shooting.
>
>Enjoy, Garth.

Thanks, mang.  So far so good -- though I found the battery life to
be curiously short -- perhaps I've got a bum Li-ion cell.  Anyway, I
ordered the larger battery grip from B&H (along with a few other
goodies for good measure).  Should help.  And third-party
replacements are cheap as borscht.

Garth