[OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: very slightly OT: Digital
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:42:43 -0400
Watch out for the cheap third party replacements which can be dangerous.
  They typically don't have the proper protective circuits and can
either ignite or explode if overcharged or short-circuited.
Furthermore, water will not extinguish a burning Li-ion cell.

Maxell and Sunpak (respected brand names) are now producing Li-ion cells
under their own names.  They're not $5 ebay specials but they'll still
save you about half the price of the OEM battery.

Chuck Norcutt