[OM] Re: Commerce

Subject: [OM] Re: Commerce
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:51:12 +1000
Oly usually claims third place - their numbers are well above 3% on a
bad day almost anywhere anyway. The companies deliberately misreport
- or rather they use whatever statistical approach muddies the truth
and presents them in the best lie - whoops, light. Spin makes things
difficult.

I should get a sample of the new Samsung rebadged *ist DS2 with
Schneider lenses next week - wonder if they'll be able to market the
line better. For the life of me, the only selling point I can see to
the Pentaces is the 'smaller/lighter' claim. Anyone know better what
their selling point might be?

Sony/Zeiss/K.Minolta
Panasonic/Leica/Olympus
Samsung/Schneider/Pentax

There's a weird pattern there - conspiracy theory anyone?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx