[OM] Re: [Photo]2nd Takahashi shot

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo]2nd Takahashi shot
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:19:03 -0400
On 4/8/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These shots show some promise. How much are they cropped? Unless they
> are cropped a lot, I would expect more from the Takahashi, based merely
> on its reputation.

Hi Moose,

Thanks for looking and taking the time to post an image for comparison.  It
gives me something to strive for.  I'm still experimenting with the mount
for the Takahashi... I might end up having the telescope dovetail plate that
is used to hold the 2 rings drilled and tapped so I can mount that to the
tripod.  I'll get a better idea today as to which way to go on the mount.

The image of the Junco was cropped quite a bit... there was no resizing done
to the image that I posted.  Actually, that was not a good test as the
tripod was resting on a very soft carpet, I was shooting through the patio
door and the shutter speed was only 1/320.  Not the best of conditions but I
was excited to try and get something. :)

Richard
Nice shot BTW. :)