[OM] Re: Your Digital Workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: Your Digital Workflow
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:25:00 -0400
At 02:00 PM 4/10/2006, you wrote:
>> I was wondering which external services can work within the
>> RAW framework
>
>Not recommended. You do your own conversion, tweaking the
>colors, densities and cropping to your hearts desire. then send
>the files to the printer as either JPEG or TIFF depending on
>their requirements.

I second this opinion. But this also means spending some effort
to get your monitor calibrated. The hardest part of the workflow
is knowing what the results will finally be, and you want to control
that. Otherwise you'll get inconsistent results depending on
automated controls or different tastes. Color management
is sweet, when it works.

WayneS