[OM] Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report (longisch)

Subject: [OM] Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report (longisch)
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:35:52 +0200
Chris Barker wrote:

-----

Before I read any further (echoes of MeatLoaf, "Paradise by the

Dashboard Light" ;-)), why is there not a MyFourThirds meeting in the

UK. What has Belgium done that we haven't?

Chris

-----

A little envyous, are you?

Well, to keep in spirit with the MeatLoaf song you should go the full
monty if "your partner you" !

In this case organise one yourself, eventually assisted by other MFT
members in your region. One of the visitors (Rex Waygood) lives in the
SW of GB, maybe you could organise something together? He also visited
the MFT meet in Croatia last year and might even visit the next
worldwide meet in Toronto at the end of June. He and Nora met Yvonne at
the MFT meet in Croatia. Our meet wat not a full-blown meet, but just a
mini-meet, because it was only a weekend and not a week. A longer meet
would have been announced much wider and longer before to attract more
people. Maybe there are other MFT members in your neighbourhood te help
you organise a similar event. You might even find a professional willing
to assist you and make the contacts with Olympus for you. You might get
access to the rarer lenses that way. I am certain there will be photo
opportunities enough near you. The meet might attract pople from outsige
GB too, since our meet had attendees fron Belgium, Netherlands, Great
Brittain, Switserland and even Greece/USA (Vaggelis travels a lot
between Greece, the US and the Netherlands). If my wife will let me go,
I even might attend. (My wife prefers going to places with the whole
family and doing things together).

Maybe this helps to get a MFT meet in the UK.

Wiliam