[OM] Re: Bargain 16MP cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Bargain 16MP cameras
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
> This blog was interesting. Evidently a lot of photographers
> have decided that 12MP is enough and are dumping their boat
> anchor IDsMkII for 5Ds. Bargain alert because it is common
> enough to cause the price of a used 16MP to really drop, if
> you don't mind the size.

This one doesn't pass the smell test.  Sorry.  If there are
people trading them in, it's because the 1DSxxx was already "too
much camera" for them. These are typically "Holy Grail" people
and are all infatuated with the clean ISO 3200 performance or
some stupid thing like that. They had no useful purpose for an
industrial-strength camera in the first place.

If this is true that people are dropping them in droves, then
screw the 1DS thoughts, I'll score a 1DSMII for about the same
price.  There are probably a couple thousand idiots out there
that are trying to duplicate Michael Reichmann's MF rig right
now and suddenly realizing that 16MP is junk.

More power to them. If Olympus isn't going to give me an E-3 (or
whatever), then I'll just have to pretend that the 1DSMII is it.
 I'm saving my pennies, folks.  I refuse to get a "me too"
20D/30D/5D POS.

Unlike them, I CAN live with 16MP for a while.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com