[OM] Re: Help with FL-50

Subject: [OM] Re: Help with FL-50
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck wrote:
> One of the tricks to getting a good flash exposure is to shoot
> in manual mode at a fixed distance.

Wow!  Cool!  I saved $400 by not getting an FL-50!  <grin>  That
ancient Vivitar design is actually better!

Sometimes.

When you CAN shoot in manual mode at fixed distances...

I've got a little cheet card made up that helps me get my
settings right with the 285HV.  For the most part, I do like to
"drag the shutter" (exposing the background to one or two stops
below my subject exposure).

I do use the 285HV in auto-exposure mode (hey, it works pretty
well), and put the camera in manual exposure mode.  Usually.
Sometimes, I'll put the camera in aperture priority mode and
dial in -1.5 stops exposure compensation.  When doing this, it
is important to keep an eye on the shutter speed that it doesn't
exceed the flash-sync speed. (not a problem with the A1).

An Fl-50 sure would be nice sometimes.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com