[OM] Re: OT: Bogen models

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Bogen models
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:06:47 -0400
There are actually two variations in play with Bogen.

As Ken pointed out there are lots of choices within a given product
line, e.g., over a dozen different monopods.

There are also variations under the same product number.  A good
example is the 3047 head.  It has been around for a couple decades.
Handle length and materials have changed numerous times as have the
contours.  Later ones feature a level or two.  The basic design stays
the same with a LOT of variations.  Check eekbay sometime and for the
auctions that don't use stock photos you'll see what I mean.  Even the
label color changes.

I befriended one of Bogen's tech reps years ago.  He's no longer with
them and I've lost track of him over the years, but he offered some
insights into Manfrotto.  BTW, Bogen was the name given to the company
by Lester Bogen when he founded it and began importing Manfrotto
tripods decades ago.  He died a while back and they're gradually
moving the Manfrotto name to the forefront.  Some of us old farts will
remember advertisements featuring ol' Les sitting on top of a tripod.
But I digress . . .

Bogen rep told me the guy who runs Manfrotto prides himself offering
innovative products and believes in constant improvement of everything
they sell, hence the plethora of choices and ongoing variations.

I was just hoping to find a page with an ongoing summary of their
products since they don't seem to be interesting in offering one.

ScottGee1